Aeroflot Group Today
Aeroflot Group is an innovative airline holding, Russia’s largest carrier and one of the leading airline groups in Europe and globally.
Aeroflot Group is active in key market segments, from premium to budget air travel, providing passengers with a wide range of travelling options. Our priority is improving accessibility to Russia and its regions. Aeroflot is one of the oldest airlines globally with a 96-year track record of delivering services for its passengers, which is key to building a strong and well-recognised airline brand.
The Group is strongly positioned in the market to capitalise on growth opportunities domestically and internationally.
Aeroflot Group Airlines
Leader in the growing market
Russia is one of the world’s largest aviation markets, still growing and evolving
Aeroflot Group is an undisputed market leader in Russia
High-quality product inspiring customer loyalty
High-quality product offering across all segments
Powerful frequent flyer programme
with own low-cost carrier
The growing contribution of Pobeda airline – one of the topperforming and fastest-growing low-cost carriers globally
Low-cost carrier capitalising on the untapped market potential
- Grow the number of passengers carried by Aeroflot Group to 90–100 million per year
- Grow the number of passengers carried by Pobeda to 25–30 million per year
- Ramp up our international transfer passenger traffic to 10–15 million passengers
- Set up an international hub in Krasnoyarsk and three regional bases in Sochi, Yekaterinburg and Novosibirsk
- Increase the fleet of the modern Russia-made aircraft
- Drive digitalisation across Aeroflot Group airlines
Advantageous location of the hub
The hub’s location in Moscow between Europe and Asia allows Aeroflot to fully seize the opportunities offered by the global air transportation market
Moscow offers an up to three-hour advantage in transit time
Strong financial performance
CASK excluding fuel, U.S. cents per ASK
Passenger and Industry Recognition
Europe’s Leading Airline Brand, Europe’s Leading Airline – Business Class, Europe’s Leading Airline to Asia
Delivering on Our Strategy
Aeroflot Group introduced baggage-free fares for a number of medium-haul flights operated by Aeroflot and Rossiya airlines.
Rossiya airline was appointed the official carrier of the I Winter Children of Asia International Sports Games.
Aeroflot launched flights to Marseille (France) and Palma de Mallorca (Spain).
Aeroflot, Federal Air Transport Agency and UAC held the Best in the Sky contest for future pilots of the Russian aicraft.
Aeroflot was appointed the official carrier of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019.
Aeroflot, Krasnoyarsk Region authorities and Krasnoyarsk International Airport signed an agreement to establish an Aeroflot Group hub in Krasnoyarsk.
Aeroflot joined the Digital Transportation and Logistics Association.
The rating agency Fitch upgraded PJSC Aeroflot’s credit rating to “BB” with a Stable outlook.
PJSC Aeroflot’s corporate governance rating was confirmed at 7++.
Aeroflot celebrated 30 years of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) membership as well as the 60th anniversary of membership with SITA, the world’s leading provider of air transport communication and information technology.
Russia’s Anti-Monopoly Service and Aeroflot developed joiny approach to economy class pricing.
Aeroflot offered special discounted fares under a new global promotion.
Aeroflot signed a code-sharing agreements with AeroMexico, Vietnam Airlines and Brussels Airlines.
Aeroflot launched a cargo agent’s personal account to streamline its cargo operations.
PJSC Aeroflot and Sukhoi Civil Aircraft began implementing the agreement for the delivery of 100 SSJ100 aircraft.
Events after the reporting period
Aeroflot was granted IATA’s Level 4 NDC certification.
Aeroflot commenced to move some international flights to new Terminal C of Sheremetyevo airport.
Aeroflot and Japan Airlines signed a code-sharing agreement.
Aeroflot Group launched a new fare family – Base – for Business and Economy classes.
Pobeda airline established its own aviation training centre to provide professional training to flight attendants and scheduled training to pilots.
Aeroflot Group started to temporarily optimise capacity and ground aircraft fleet in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Key events of the year
Aeromar celebrates its 30th birthday
Varied and high-quality in-flight catering has traditionally been Aeroflot’s competitive advantage
Today Aeromar is the largest in-flight catering, aircraft cleaning, outfitting and in-flight shopping company in Russia also focused on retailing SKYSHOP products in airports. Aeromar has branches in Saint Petersburg, Sochi, Rostov-on-Don and Simferopol, as well as subsidiaries in Vladivostok, Krasnodar and Ufa.
Aeromar is focused on providing personalised customer service and continuously enhances its technology and business processes, as well as conducts product quality audits across its partner manufacturers and suppliers. The company has repeatedly engaged world-class chefs to design its menus.
Pobeda: 5 years in the sky
In December 2019, Pobeda airline celebrated its 5th anniversary.
On 1 December 2014, the company launched its first flight to Volgograd from Moscow Vnukovo airport. A few months later, Pobeda carried its one millionth passenger. During the five years of its operation, the Russian low-cost carrier has delivered an impressive performance.
Low-cost services provide a significant contribution to improved population mobility and travel accessibility in Russian regions, as well as stronger ties between them.
|Year||million PAX||Passenger load factor||Aircraft fleet|
|2019||10,3 million PAX||94,0%||30|
|2018||7,2 million PAX||94,1%||24|
|2017||4,6 million PAX||94,2%||16|
|2016||4.3 million PAX||88,3%||12|
|2015||3,1 million PAX||81,2%||12|
|2014||0,1 million PAX||78,0%||8|
Busines-model highlights and achievements
Busines-model highlights and achievements
Single cabin configuration, high seat capacity
Stimulating the market
Around 30% of destinations are unique (not serviced by other Russian carriers)
12% of Pobeda’s customers travelled by land only before LCC was established
Record high Boeing 737-800 flight hours
Growing revenue from value-added services
Passenger load factor Around 94%
Low operating costs CASK1
around RUB 2.2
High customer satisfaction index and improved brand recognition
- The first flight from Moscow to Volgograd
- Active expansion of the route network between Moscow and Russian regions
- First international service launched: Moscow–Bratislava
- First inter-regional flights launched from Russian regions to Sochi and Anapa
- Active expansion of domestic and international route network
- First flights from Saint Petersburg
- 10 million passengers carried since the first flight
- Performance improved with a passenger load factor growing up to 96.8% in the third quarter
- Pobeda has the fastest turnaround times in Russia
- Accelerated growth: new aircraft delivered
- 20 million passengers carried since the first flight
- Pobeda set the world record in Boeing 737-800 flight hours
- Accelerated growth: the company received 8 new aircraft, passenger traffic was up 56.8%
- New goals set in line with Aeroflot Group’s Strategy
- In July, Pobeda carried 1 million passengers by 30 aircraft within a month’s period for the first time
- A steady and strong growth rate – a 43.2% passenger traffic increase – delivered a twofold growth in customer base over two years
- Operational Review PDF, 2.1Mb
- Operating Results PDF, 0.9Mb
- Fleet PDF, 0.8Mb
- Network, Traffic Rights and Alliances PDF, 0.8Mb
- Sales PDF, 0.8Mb
- Customer Service Development PDF, 0.8Mb
- Information Technology and Innovation PDF, 0.8Mb
- Aircraft Maintenance and Repair PDF, 0.8Mb
- Flight Safety and Aviation Security PDF, 0.8Mb
- Financial Review PDF, 0.5Mb
- Sustainable Development PDF, 1.2Mb
- Approach to Sustainable Development PDF, 0.8Mb
- Personnel PDF, 0.8Mb
- Social Initiatives PDF, 0.8Mb
- Ecology and Environmental Protection PDF, 0.8Mb
- Procurement PDF, 0.8Mb
- IFRS Consolidated Financial Statements PDF, 2.1Mb
- Commercial and non-commercial entities in which PJSC Aeroflot holds an interest PDF, 0.9Mb
- Major Transactions and Related-Party Transactions PDF, 0.8Mb
- Report on Compliance with the Principles and Recommendations of the Corporate Governance Code Approved by the Bank of Russia PDF, 0.8Mb